Day 1: Toronto to Bromont

bj
Ok, so we drove out of the driveway at 8:18 am this morning.  Chauffer wasn’t too  grumpy (I think he was actually surprised that I was up and relatively packed at 7:00 when he surfaced).   Took us 2 hours to get out of the city; traffic was backed up for miles rubber-necking at a forensic trailer (must have been a pretty bad accident) but there was no sign of the accident or traffic on the Westbound 401.  Traffic going the other way (to Toronto) wasn’t backed up too far.  Had lunch at Tim’s in Cornwall.  Meandered (actually stop and go traffic) through Montreal to reach 15/10 ...just arrived in Bromont around 3:30 pm.   Not bad for our first day.  Crazy drivers here! 

Crazy road signs: Moose crossing, deer prancing, cars driving into clouds.

Motorcycle Parking
We must be in Quebec :)

mike
Downtown booming Bromont – Art Galleries in tents all down both sides of the main drag as they were having an Art Show of local artists all this  w/e. We decided to have dinner at Le MacPherson Bistro & Steakhouse. Mom ordered her steak and like a local I ordered from ‘ table  d’hote ‘ the Salmon special. But before our dinner we both ordered some Beer, Sapporo on tap so the waiter probably guessed we were Japanese tourist.

When my first dish arrived I received a bowl of soup and I thought I was going to get sliced tomatoes as I had read ‘ Boccacino tomatoes ‘ as one of the appetizers. Anyways after a bit of a laugh enjoyed the soup of the day and lots of warm local bread. Mom loved it so much we ordered another basket. Then the second course came and low and behold I got my sliced tomatoes with feta cheese. So much for my High School French. Then my main course Salmon, then desert and tea. Passed the Cream Brule to Mom as this was her favourite. A LONG 2 hours later we finished our dinner in Booming downtown Bromont.

If only this Chocolate Shop was open!

Really slow service which I’m guessing is par for the locals here.The place was packed by the time we left. All in all a lot better than eating at East Side Mario’s which was located right across the street from our hotel. Mom’s tired and is already in bed at 8:45 pm. Off to Manchester New Hampshire tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Bay to Winnipeg .. nope ... Brandon, Manitoba

First Stop Timmins

Cape Town